For someone diagnosed with learning disability it can be scary at first, these problem can make it difficult for the individuals to learn and live the best quality of life that they deserve.
We understand your service needs and can support you by supplying trained nurses and well vetted support workers who are experienced and possesses skills in working with people with learning disabilities, autism and severe challenging behavior. We will work in close partnership with you to achieve your objectives by;
- Supporting the people with learning disabilities and complex and challenging needs to live an ordinary life, socialize, learn and work alongside people who are more able.
- Supplying all aspects of the support package require to meet a person's need in terms of both the physical environment and care and support. This include work within buildings, adaptations and equipment and could be provided in a variety of ways such as someone's own home, the private rented sector or a housing association.
We invest in staff training to ensure that all staff have desired skill, training and experience needed to carry out any assigned activities, This is key to the company's model of service delivery, listed below are the specialists learning disability types training offered to our staff in addition to mandatory and statutory training:
- Understanding and Management of people with learning disability
- Challenging Behavior
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Management of epileptic seizures
- Rectal diazepam and buccal midazolam administration
- Gastronomy feeding (Peg feed)
Everyone is unique and have different needs so each client will require greatly different levels of support to manage day to day living. Some conditions can be associated with physical disability. Where it is needed, we can also offer support workers with qualifications and experience in handing challenging behaviors.
Learning Disability Help
Our staff team are experience, competent and maintain a high degree of service in supporting and encouraging the life style of the individual. They have experience in supporting the individual through a system of person centered planning and robust risk assessment that encourages the need for the individual to access life opportunities and have fun. All staff are offered training on learning disability types, challenging behavior, SCIP and incident reporting.
Through the support provided by the staff team, the individuals with whom they work with develop a very good relationship that promotes safety and encourages personal development. Consistency of the application of a behavioral plan is very important to reduce incidents and accidents.
We support Reading borough council in providing care services for adults and young people with learning disability and challenging behavior and work in partnership with them to meet the needs of individuals with learning disability.